Theft and Coffee Tags


So, er, I wasn't actually tagged for this, so I guess it's more like thievery. BUT I can't help that Cait @ Paper Fury made it look so cute. 

A little backstory on my history with hot beverages: I hate tea! Maybe it's because I didn't grow up drinking it, but I can't get over how bitter it tastes. No matter what I do, I take a sip of tea and the taste of armpit ends up lingering in the back of my throat. Yeck. Coffee used to be the same way, but then I went to college and discovered this magical thing called creamer. I enjoy having a bit of coffee with my creamer now.

Black: Name a series that’s tough to get into but has hardcore fans.


I won't deny that the writing in this is gorgeous, but for some reason I cannot make it past the fourth chapter. I've started this twice and gave up both times around the same point. Yet, most of the people I know rave about this book.

Peppermint Mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year.


Usually it's around the holidays when people start becoming Scrooges. And what better time to whip out the ultimate Christmas classic? 


Hot Chocolate: What is your favorite children’s book?


PHENOMENAL book. I've yet to read anything as creative, humorous, and educational as this.

Double Shot of Espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.


Mostly because I had no idea what the bleep was going on. Then I reached the last fifty pages and went, "EEHHHH?" and speed read to the end.

Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere.

I feel like TFiOS has become the basic book of the reading world.

That Hipster Coffee Shop: Give a book by an indie author a shout-out.


I just did a review on this one (check it out) and it's SO adorable. I wish more people would read it so that I could have fangirling buddies.

Oops! I accidentally got decaf: Name a book you were expecting more from.




The Perfect Blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet, but ultimately satisfying.


First things first: I want that dress. Gimme. 

Okay, this book series gave me so many feels. The characters are friggin' perfect and flawed and tragic and you just want to give them creepy back hugs to make it all better. I would have preferred an ending that didn't completely destroy my soul, but really, there wasn't any other way it could have ended,

Green Tea: Name a book or series that’s quietly beautiful.

Gah, this is one of my all time favorite books. It's so eerie, yet beautiful with fantastical and wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ideas.

Chai Tea: Name a book or series that makes you dream of far-off places.


I love fantasies based on other countries and I want to visit this mythical version of Russia. One of these days, I'll figure out away.

Earl Grey: Name your favorite classic.


I'll forever be in love with the story of the boy who never grew up. So in love that I might be planning a sci-fi Peter Pan retelling.

I tag

Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Take Out, Rae @ The Wallflower, and Briana @ Briana Mae Morgan

. . . and whoever else wants to join in!

Twitter Bites:

  • @AnahSpiers attempts to steal the #CoffeeTag and dumps hot coffee in her lap. http://bit.ly/1FfaVal (Click to Tweet)

CONVERSATION